Our brick-and-mortar store is located in North Hollywood, California, we’re one of the largest used bookstores in the Los Angeles area, and we specialize in Literature and the Arts (but carry books on most subjects). The LA Weekly named us “Best Bookstore Escape” in their 2019 “Best of L.A.” issue, “Best Used Graphic Novels” in 2015, and “Best Bookstore, Valley” in 2012; the L.A. HotList named us Best Bookstore 2018; the L.A. Times “Readers Choice 2011” named us as the favorite bookstore for the Valley/Ventura area; the April 2007 issue of Los Angeles Magazine listed us as one of the best used bookstores in L.A.; the L.A. Times did a feature article on us; we’ve been featured on Storage Wars; and we’ve been home to numerous movie and television shoots. We have over 150,000 books in stock, we offer as safe and healthy a shopping environment as possible, a convenient location with free parking and a bike rack, an experienced staff, air conditioning, and two very sociable cats.
NOW OPEN FOR IN-STORE SHOPPING!
UPDATE (July 15): Per Los Angeles County mandates, from July 18 on masks are again REQUIRED at all indoor businesses, regardless of vaccination status.
Retail businesses that do not offer food or drink are NOT required to ask for vaccination proof (see the county’s guidelines here), so we do not currently require proof of vaccination to enter the bookstore.
We will continue to provide hand sanitizer and (for those who are more comfortable using them) gloves. The entire Iliad staff is fully vaccinated.
We’re also pleased to report that our bathroom and seating are again available to customers.
STILL OPEN FOR MAIL ORDER AND CURBSIDE PICKUP!
We will continue to provide curbside pickup. Here’s how it works:
- Curbside pickup is available Tuesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Call us at 818-509-2665 or e-mail us and tell us what you’re looking for. We’ll check our stock, let you know what we’ve got, and tell you the price. Please be aware that long lists may require a day or two before we can respond.
- You provide us your credit card information over the phone or pay via PayPal, and we’ll get your book rung up and ready. Please note that we have a $3 minimum on credit cards and PayPal.
- Call us at 818-509-2665 when you arrive at our rear parking lot, and we’ll walk your bagged order out. The bag will also include your receipts.
We’ve also opened up online ordering at our website again. We have over 11,000 books listed there, all enabled with instant ordering; you can either search for a specific title/author, or browse by category (and as a reminder, 11,000 is only a fraction of the total books in the store – e-mail or call us at 818-509-2665 for books not listed at our website). If you’d like more description or photos of any item, please drop us a line and we’ll be happy to get you whatever you need.
We can take a credit card over the phone, you can send payment via PayPal (use firstname.lastname@example.org as the PayPal ID), or we can e-mail you a PayPal invoice for easy payment; we can also hold the books if you’d like to mail us a check. We’ll ship your book(s) within a business day of getting your order, and can offer either Media Mail (cheaper but slower) or Priority (more expensive but faster). For international shipments, we’ll provide individual quotes (sorry, but we are unable to ship to the U.K. or E.U.).
SORRY – WE’RE NOT CONSIDERING BOOKS FOR CASH OR STORE CREDIT AT THIS TIME, BUT WE WILL ACCEPT BOOK DONATIONS.
5400 Cahuenga Boulevard
North Hollywood, California 91601
(Corner of Cahuenga and Chandler Blvds. across from the Chandler bike path)
We will be closed on Thursday, November 25 for Thanksgiving.
- SUNDAY – Closed
- MONDAY – Closed
- TUESDAY – Open 11 am to 7 pm
- WEDNESDAY – Open 11 am to 7 pm
- THURSDAY – Open 11 am to 7 pm
- FRIDAY – Open 11 am to 7 pm
- SATURDAY – Open 11 am to 7 pm