Come on in and browse – we have cats (but also welcome visiting dogs), couches, music, water, and over 125,000 books. We take cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover. American Express, or debit cards, and Paypal. We’ve been around for almost 30 years, we’ve been featured on A&E’s Storage Wars, and we are happy to answer any questions you have on buying or selling books.
Now, just the facts:
ADDRESS: 5400 Cahuenga Blvd., North Hollywood, California 91601
PHONE NUMBER: (818)509-2665
DIRECTIONS: We’re on the northeast corner at the intersection of Chandler and Cahuenga
IF YOU’RE COMING FROM WEST L.A./SANTA MONICA: Take the 405N to the 101S (towards Los Angeles), then take that to the 134 (goes off to the left). Take off the Cahuenga exit, and turn left; we’ll be not quite a mile on the right side.
IF YOU’RE COMING FROM DOWNTOWN L.A./HOLLYWOOD: Take the 101N (towards Ventura), get off on Lankershim/Cahuenga (in front of Universal). Turn right, then when the street branches, follow Cahuenga off to the right. We’re about a mile from there.
IF YOU’RE COMING FROM PASADENA/GLENDALE: Take the 134W, get off on Cahuenga. Turn right, and go not quite a mile. We’ll be on the right side.
IF YOU’RE COMING FROM VALENCIA/NORTHRIDGE: Take the 5S to the 170S, get off on Burbank Blvd. Turn left. Head east about two miles to Cahuenga, then turn right. We’ll be about two blocks on the left side (corner of Chandler and Cahuenga)
PARKING INFO: We do have parking in the back; there’s also usually plentiful (free) street parking.
HOURS: We’re open Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Sunday 12 noon to 6 p.m.
PHOTOS: Click here to see a page of high resolution photos that are free to use and share.
- Huffington Post’s “50 of the Best Indie Bookstores in America” (4/28/2017) calls us “a place you can get lost in” and suggests a “chat with the very friendly staff.”
- The LA Weekly voted us “Best Used Graphic Novels” in their 2015 “Best of L.A.” issue
- We were a nominee for “Best Bookstore” in the 2013 L.A. Hotlist Awards
- The LA Weekly named us “Best Bookstore, Valley” in their 2012 “Best of L.A.” issue
- We were a finalist for “Best Bookstore” in the 2012 L.A. Hotlist Awards
- The L.A. Times “Readers Choice 2011” named us as the favorite bookstore for the Valley/Ventura area
- The L.A. Times did a feature article on us in both their print version and their , and called us “a rare success story”
- We were named one of the best used bookstores in L.A. in the April 2007 issue of Los Angeles Magazine
- The September/October 2003 issue of Westways magazine mentions us in an article about the NoHo arts district. Here’s what they said: “Bibliophiles won’t want to miss The Iliad Bookshop, a neighborhood fixture for more than 15 years. Books fill its seemingly never-ending series of rooms from floor to ceiling. It’s especially fun to browse bargain tables, where titles range from Two Hundred Years of American Paintings to
- In their “Best of L.A. 2000” issue, the LA Weekly named us “Best Voluminous Place to Get Lost”.
- Check out this cool mention of us in the Summer 2002 issue of RoughNews
WHO: Your hosts are Owner Dan Weinstein (specialist par excellence in identifying, appraising and purchasing rare books), Lisa (genre expert and resident Halloween expert), Bob (Kennedy know-it-all and musical theatre genius), Ricky Lee (mystery maven and vintage paperback wizard), Morgan (ask her about cookbooks!), Poul (general bibliophile), Brett (similarly well-rounded), Sean (horror!), and Kevin (a man of many tastes).
|In Memory of Bill Tunilla|
Click here to see the beautiful mural from Iliad’s old location!